Before this crisis, I often listened to songs without paying attention to their lyrics. I would just enjoy the melody and occasionally would sing along without giving the songs much thought. However, now i would find certain (many, actually) songs on the radio very annoying and disturbing. Too close to home, i guess. I particularly abhor songs that mention all night drinking, partying, loving whatever nonsense the young and hip are into these days. Sappy love songs proclaiming undying love and forbidden love are also on my hate list (which is growing). I love, however, empowering songs by female (of course) that … well, basically tell me to chin up, keep walking and dont look back. My top songs that at the moment:
1. We are never ever going back together by Taylor swift
2. Blow me one last kiss by Pink
3. Stronger by Kelly clarkson
4. Payphone by maroon 5
5. Beyonce ‘s song that i can’t recall
There are of course the killer songs that would remind me of the rawness of this pain, this loss and this crushing feeling I’m trying to overcome.
1. One last cry by Brian mcknight
2. Wherever you will by the calling & the same song by charlene soraia – this lyrics are probably off the mark but the melody is so beautiful and fitting that i went as far as thinking that wouldn’t it be better if he just die and sing me this song from the afterlife ? Certainly that wasn’t the only occasion i wish he is dead. But that is for another post.